Question about GPL with exception (MGE UPS SYSTEMS)

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
Fri Mar 7 11:25:51 UTC 2003

Hi,

First of all, I wish to thank all the people who contributed in clarifying our
questions.

This mail is the conclusion of the "MGE and OSI/License" thread:

1) MGE's HID Parser is available since yesterday under GPL, without any
exception
as it is implied for MGE by its copyright
(http://www.mgeups.com/opensource/projects/hidparser.htm).

2) MGE aims with this to help the Community in having a complete and
multiplatform
HID Parser. MGE doesn't need at all to reintegrate GPL modification into its
proprietary developments. So a complete split will operate as of the Parser
release,
and this is the best we wish to it (that the Community really use it).

Once again, thank you all for your help,
Stay tuned on http://www.mgeups.com/opensource/

Arnaud Quette