is it just summertime?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Wed Jul 9 16:22:10 UTC 2003

> Is it just summertime, and people are outside enjoying themselves?
> Are these licenses obviously open source?  It would be helpful if
> someone other than myself would say so.

Since its just you and me working, I'll offer a random opinion to make
you feel less alone. :-)

> http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-
> cgi?3:mss:6923:200306:adcbobdimckahfihhlcg

I had a little trouble following all the brackets.  Does their
definition of "Downstream Distribution" (1b), (3a) still allow "mere
aggregation", since it specifies "contains" in addition to "depends on"?

I'm also a little confused by (3b).   Isn't fair market value usually
determined by what people are willing to pay?   Or are they reserving
for themselves the right to determine if there is a market inefficiency
creating non-equilibrium conditions?

> http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-
> cgi?3:mss:6976:200306:odefmgncbfagijaemlbg
> http://rosenlaw.com/osl2.0.html

If Larry can't create an obviously Open Source license, then we're all
in trouble!

None of the changes seem to affect OSD compliance in any way I can see.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer vacation. :-)

-- Ernie P.