Newbie Question

osi_curious at turbonet.com osi_curious at turbonet.com
Tue Oct 29 21:16:59 UTC 2002

I've RTFM, the FAQs, scoured Google, perused the Open Source Definition,
studied various OSI approved licenses, but I haven't found an answer to
these questions:

1.  Is there a license which specifically disallows any forks or extensions
which would limit the use of a program/package to a particular environment
or OS?  If not forks, then extensions only; if not environments, then OS.

2.  If such a license does not exist, would it be allowable under the Open
Source Definition?

Ancillary question:

Would anyone be interested in, or supportive of, the creation of such a
license?

Cheers,

Chas