a proposed change to the OSD

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Oct 28 17:39:31 UTC 2002

David Johnson scripsit:

> I do NOT have a problem with click-wrap licenses that are presented to the
> user BEFORE the software is obtained. Okay, I may have problems with some
> actual licenses, but not with the concept.

I have a problem with a multiplicity of such licenses, and the fact that
it's far from clear who-all needs to accept them.  We aren't living in a
single-user-PC world, at least not all of us.

Larry thinks he can create a single acknowledgement that will satisfy every
company lawyer in the U.S., if not the world.  As Mark Twain said,
I will admire to see him try.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       jcowan at reutershealth.com
saying "No information items inside".           http://www.reutershealth.com
        --Eve Maler                             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan