Copyright

Lewis Collard lewis at zquack.net
Fri Oct 25 08:28:14 UTC 2002

Brendan Hide r sez:

> If I build a jungle-gym in my front yard and tell the neighbourhood that
> their children can all use it - whose is it? If I also say that the
> parents can make additions to it to make it safer or more "exciting" -
> who is the owner after they've made these changes?

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, analogies between physical
property and intellectual property are going to fail. You could
change this to "tell the neighbours that their children can all make
copies of it", I suppose..

Silly, but then so is this entire thread (and at least this is
on-topic). :-/

</$0.02>

lewis
--