Modified Artistic License (eNetwizard Content Application Server)

Robert Samuel White webmaster at enetwizard.net
Thu Oct 3 16:36:07 UTC 2002

Taken from the Artistic License (which is approved by OSI):

5. You may charge a reasonable copying fee for any distribution of this
Package. You may charge any fee you choose for support of this Package.
You may not charge a fee for this Package itself. However, you may
distribute this Package in aggregate with other (possibly commercial)
programs as part of a larger (possibly commercial) software distribution
provided that you do not advertise this Package as a product of your
own.

-- According to this, it is acceptable for me to say "You may not charge
a fee for the Package itself." - especially since I also went on to say
in my license, "However, you may charge..." just as the Artistic License
does.

-- And furthermore, the effect is greatly different in my opinion.  I am
not asking the users to post their changes on bulletin board systems,
etc.

Why are you suddenly being hard nosed with me?  My license went through
the review process.  It was discussed by the members of your list.  Some
of your list members fully supported my reasoning behind wanting a new
license approved.  They also said that they would support approving my
license.

As I said before, if you will not approve my license, that's fine.  I'll
just post a message on my website stating your apparent "selective
decision making process" even when a license complies with your OSD.

-Samuel