[kmself at ix.netcom.com: Re: We are looking for an open source license that...]

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 11 21:30:05 UTC 2002

Quoting Chris F Clark (cfc at TheWorld.com):

> Yes, I can see how what I would like seems close to that (and in some
> sense falls into that category).  However, I am just tyring to
> extrapolate some of the "benefits" of the GPL.  I have worked for
> companies that will not use free software for fear of tainting their
> development efforts and having their proprietary code made free.

You may wish to point out to them that the same logic would dictate
avoiding third-party code under proprietary licences, as well, as those
probably pose a much more realistic likelihood of tainting their
development efforts.  (Please see .signature block.  ;->)

Consistency would logically require that they use only third-party code
that is BSD/MIT-licensed.

--
Cheers,      "On the face of it, Microsoft complaining about the source license
Rick Moen    used by Linux is like the event horizon calling the kettle black."