a data licensing problem

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sat Nov 9 05:20:10 UTC 2002

Russell Nelson scripsit:

> And that's
> exactly what this customer wants: respect from the open source people
> and money from the Windows people.

And which am I?  I'm typing now on a Windows system that's ssh-ed to
a Linux system running elm.  Does it matter if I use the proprietary
or the Cygwin ssh client?  Exactly how do I get to use your client's
data, if at all?  If I want to count the number of data elements, is
it critical which version of Perl I use?  Or do I have to keep the
data solely on the Linux filesystem and only access it from the console?
What does this all have to do with the OSD?

--
He made the Legislature meet at one-horse       John Cowan
tank-towns out in the alfalfa belt, so that     jcowan at reutershealth.com
hardly nobody could get there and most of       http://www.reutershealth.com
the leaders would stay home and let him go      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
to work and do things as he pleased.    --Mencken, _Declaration of Independence_