Approval Requested for AFL 1.2 and OSL 1.1

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 21:47:45 UTC 2002

> think the terms of the OSL are different, or will be interpreted
> differently, in those other countries?  It is true that the OSL -- and

The fact that you said that the choice of law was determined by the
licensor; if it is unlikely to change, there will be less uncertainty
for licensees if it is fixed as, say US law.

As I see it, the only reason to need to specify that the law is defined
by the licensor is that the interpretation *can* differ for different
licensors (of which one program may have many).