Discuss: BSD Protection License

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Mar 13 19:03:51 UTC 2002

Rick Moen scripsit:

> What you've written is, at best, a solution in search of a problem.
> (My view; yours for a small royalty fee and disclaimer of
> reverse-engineering rights.)

The point of this discussion is not to determine whether this license
is a Good Thing.  Its author has declared a desire to release software
under the license; what we need to do is to determine whether there is
any reason why such software cannot be called Open Source according to
the laws and customs of the Medes and the Persians.

--
John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com