request for approval of APPOSL - going by the numbers.

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 19:30:48 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002  9:59 pm, dave sag wrote:

> The intent of clause 4 is that people are encouraged to think about
> and to describe their work as being pronoic, ie as being part of a
> greater conspiracy to make life better.  we encourage developers do
> this before, or if ever, seeking permission to use the term.

What people are encouraged to do isn't really part of a license as such
-- though it could reasonably be part of a preamble to a license.

A license should describe what licensees are intended to be compelled
by law to do / not do.

--
<"><"><"> Philip Hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> <"><"><">
"I would guess that he really believes whatever is politically