QuantLib License 1.0 submitted for OSD branding

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Jan 10 03:29:12 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 03:20 am, Ferdinando Ametrano wrote:

> To streamline OSI approval I changed the QuantLib license so that the first
> 3 paragraphs are now identical to the MIT license. The updated version of
> the QuantLib License (http://quantlib.org/license.html) is:
> The rationale of the last 2 paragraphs is to state the authors and
> copyright holders names and to avoid the usage of their names in
> advertisement without prior written authorization.

My suggestion is to simply the the BSD license as is. The license
holders' names should already be in the copyright line. If "QuantLib Group"
is not the legal copyright holder, then you need to change it. If it is the
legal copyright holder, then the names of the group can be placed in an
"AUTHORS" file.

Although the standard MIT license doesn't have anything about advertisements
or promotions, the new BSD license does. So just use the BSD license. Or you
could also use the Apache license by replacing "Apache" with "QuantLib Group".

If there is no pressing need to create YAOSSL then please don't.

--
David Johnson