Network Appliance Common Public License

Topper, Anthony Topper at netapp.com
Thu Feb 14 19:48:30 UTC 2002

[ Pleaes review this license.  Should be like shooting fish in a
barrel, but still.  -russ ]

Dear Open Source Initiative Member,

On behalf of Network Appliance, Inc. I would like to request that the attached license be discussed for approval by the OSI. It is identical to the Common Public License 0.5, except that we have changed the stewardship to Network Appliance Inc, the governing law to the State of California, added one sentence to the introduction indicating that the license is derived from the Common Public License and added to the title that it is Network Appliance's adaptation.

We are planning a series of open source projects and find the Common Public License fits our needs except for the few very minor changes indicated.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. We look forward to your feedback.

This license may be discussed in public.

Anthony Topper                         email: topper at netapp.com
Network Appliance, Inc.                Phone: 781-768-5385
375 Totten Pond Road                      Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451                       http: www.netapp.com

"For 'tis the sport to have the engineer hoist by his own petard"
 -- Shakespeare (Hamlet III, iv)