APSL and Microsoft Broad Source License

Christian Gross ChristianHGross at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 9 22:48:18 UTC 2002

(Sorry my email cut me off by accident)

Please excuse my ignorance again...  But here is the paragraph from the APSL

2.1 You may use, reproduce, display, perform, modify and distribute
Original Code, with or without Modifications, solely for Your internal
research and development and/or Personal Use, provided that in each instance:

That sentence is indeed saying you can use the software, but only for
Personal Use, internal research and development.  From my limited legalese
it does not allow commercial use, since the term Personal Use was
pre-defined in the section 1.8 to preclude commercial usage.

Could someone please explain how this sentence allows commercial usage?

Thank-you

Christian Gross