Open Source Click-Wrap Notice

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Sat Aug 10 15:26:26 UTC 2002

lrosen at rosenlaw.com wrote, in part:

> Your answer added nothing to the discussion.  Please give some legal
> argument why a single click-wrap won't bind the licensee to all relevant
> licenses.

How do you form a contract without presenting the terms?  Is there a
way to review the terms without clicking? Is such vague language
sufficient to incorporate all the terms (of those possibly 800
licenses) by reference?   Seems against common sense to me.

Further, any consciencious, thinking user would never click to agree
to something like that.  I know I wouldn't.  It is just too unpalatable.

I would want to agree individually, not in bulk.