A practical example of a click-wrap license

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Aug 5 03:27:54 UTC 2002

Lawrence E. Rosen scripsit:

> Should I care that some distributors, perhaps including Debian, refuse
> to include KA on their distribution disk because they don't like
> click-wrap licenses?

Well, we have objected in the past to licenses that require people to
notify the author whenever they distribute a modified version, on
basically practical grounds (people who distribute thousands of products
can't send all those notifications).  This seems to me, if not quite
on all fours with that decision, certainly related.

--
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis vom dies! || John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>