copyright discussion

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 11 05:31:07 UTC 2001

on Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:25:44AM -0400, JEETUN6 at aol.com (JEETUN6 at aol.com) wrote:
> I don't pretend to fully understand your 'movement'. I konw the
> principle behind copytleft: it is a means to an end. But as I
> understand it, within your belief that everyone is free to copy
> software, there are restrictions on further use and a flat fee is
> payable. Am I misguided. You do not accept the principle of an
> absolutely free public domain.
>
> I was not trying to insult you but was merely trying to provide some
> balance.  Often in a frenzy against something, one's analysis can be
> self-serving rather than balanced. I was just shocked to see how
> one-sided the discussion seemed to be and thought an alternative may
> have been appreciated.

Please set your mailer to send text rather than HTML, particularly to
list or Usenet posts.

Who precisely are you replying to?  Your mail neither quotes, nor
references, a prior post.  I am unsure if this is a specific or general
response.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/