newsforge story

Daniel MD IM-Thinking at clix.pt
Wed Sep 5 21:13:56 UTC 2001

Hum, there are some things i did not like in reading this article, but in
general it's correct.

One thing remains form this article, I heard your scream for help Mr. Russ
Nelson, and IMHO, i will review those licenses ASAP.

A note to Tina Gasperson, please keep in mind that this is a open mailing
list and sometimes people are flaming, their day has not been that good and
getting critics from something they do as volunteers makes them angry, it
is understandable.

But one thing remains true there has been no reply to the proposal posted
by SamBC, i think that the OSI board maybe has to much to deal with, and
they should hire some more volunteers to be part of the OSI board , if you
can't do it right, then don't do it, that's my motto, you must agree that
the situation deserves criticism, don't take them as destructive critics,
nobody is trying to put you down, you have done a great work, i think we
are all just sorry to see the quality of that work diminish, our proposals
are suggestion, or constructive criticism to help you out, but if you the
OSI board, remain silent, we have no way of hearing your part of
the  solution.

We are trying to be problem solvers, not problem makers, "help me help you".
(Yes, it's a quote from the Jerry Maguire movie)

At 19:03 05-09-2001 +0000, M. Drew Streib wrote:
>For those that haven't seen, NewsForge is carrying a none-to-flattering
>story of the discussion on this list these past couple of weeks:
>http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/09/04/1615251
>
>-drew
>
>--
>M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/
>FSG <dtype at freestandards.org>    | Linux International <dtype at li.org>
>freedb <dtype at freedb.org>        | SourceForge <dtype at sourceforge.net>

Thank You for your time, Best Regards, and Have a Nice Day...
Daniel MD [DanielMD at im-thinking.com]