MrNet has a non compliant opensource license

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Oct 28 21:21:45 UTC 2001

On Sunday 28 October 2001 01:33 am, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> In my point of view, this license is intentionally misleading to lead the
> most gullible into thinking they're using opensource software.

It certainly is misleading. Borderline fraud in my opinion. To quote directly
from the license:

"3. Open source
a) This Software is provided with the original source code.
b) Original source code provided by Mr Net may be altered for personal use
only.
c) Distribution of modified Software is proibithed."

Of course, "Open Source" is not a trademarked term, so I don't know if
there's any legal grounds to stop them.

--
David Johnson