Section 2 source distribution terms (was Re: GPL vs APSL (was: YAPL is bad))

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Oct 3 19:18:12 UTC 2001

Karsten M. Self writes:
 >   - Ensure that sources are distributable.

Not only distributable, but also available.

Sigh.  Last time I sat down to rewrite #2, I ended up concluding that
we really need to have *two* OSD's: one describing source code, and
another describing the distribution of a special type of derived work
created through mechanical means from source code which is also not
only licensed under an Open Source license, but which is also actually
available.

Phwew!  Started this posting with only three periods left in the type
tray, and I managed to complete it using just those three!

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | It's a crime, not an act