Dual license?

Patrik Wallstrom pawal at blipp.com
Tue Oct 2 13:24:03 UTC 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Kenneth Geisshirt wrote:

> > I think ALL Gov software -- since it is PAID for by PUBLIC funds -- and used
> > for a PUBLIC purpose, should be with PUBLIC licenses.
>
> I agree - and some Danish government agencies do, too. That's why this
> project must be Open Source.

The swedish government is having a hard time to have limitations on
software they produce by first copyright, and then further by applying an
open source license on it. They're still investigating how an open source
license can be combined with swedish laws. Basically, you can't restrict
much on public funded IP, just make it public domain or classified
information.

--
 patrik wallstrom     |      f o o d f i g h t
 tel: +46-8-6188428   |      s t o c k h o l m