OSD compliant shareware

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 13:05:22 UTC 2001

David Johnson wrote:

 > As long as I obey the law with regards to copyright, then it is
impossible
 > for me to violate the GPL. Thus I am safe in not agreeing to it.

That means that you never download the software
from a distribution site, or copy it off borrowed media,
and never redistribute it yourself,
and that your suppliers are breaching the license by not
imposing its terms on you when they provide you with the
copy.

(The argument he is making is that the acceptance clause of
the GPL is ineffective because use of a sofware copy that
you own is permitted in US law.)

IANAL; this represents a personal opinion and not that of any
organisation involved in the transmission of this message.