Is it really free software ?

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Tue Nov 6 10:10:12 UTC 2001

>> Explain me please how copyrights are compatible with free(libre) software?

egc> : We protect your rights [for free software] with two steps:
egc> : (1) copyright the software, and
egc> : (2) offer you this license which gives you legal permission
egc> : to copy, distribute and/or modify the software.
egc> free software exists solely because of copyright law.

     Why is it necessary to copyright the software in order
     to make it free ?

--
Best regards,
 DeBug                            mailto:debug at centras.lt
--
Fat Chuck has created a list of the currently known crippled audio CDs which
don't allow usage in certain CD players.