IBM Public License and Debian Linux..... Not compatible?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu May 3 03:03:39 UTC 2001

Hey Ian,
   Here is the thread.
Carter

----- Forwarded message from Debian Installer
<installer at ftp-master.debian.org> -----

From: Debian Installer <installer at ftp-master.debian.org>
To: Bernd Eckenfels <ecki at debian.org>, Yotam Rubin <yotam at makif.omer.k12.il>
Cc: Debian Installer <installer at ftp-master.debian.org>
Subject: argus_2.0.0-1.1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in processing this package, I've been pondering
the license for some time now.  In any event, I'm afraid I don't
believe the license satisfies the DFSG.  I posted to debian-legal[1]
with this view but there wasn't any replies, either positive or
negative.

Rather than let it sit in Incoming any longer I've decided to reject
it.  You can either upload the package for non-free or try to stir up
a response on non-free and convince people (me, or some other
ftpmaster, for instance) that this license conforms to the DFSG.

--
James

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal-0104/msg00108.html