Linking restrictions and shared libraries

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Tue Mar 13 00:41:21 UTC 2001

Dave,

I am saying the section 117(a)(1) allows dynamic linking when such linking
is done as an
essential step in the utilization of the computer program. I am also saying
that I do not read the GPL to restrict this privilege since it would narrow
the access to works by users, a result which would be at odds with the
principles of open source.

Rod