Multi-licensing

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Jun 26 01:40:46 UTC 2001

On Monday 25 June 2001 05:02 am, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> ===============LICENSE===============
> Any OSI (www.opensource.org) compliant/approved license.
> Just go to the OSI site, and pick your favorite license
> ===============LICENSE===============
>
> The point is, am I in any danger doing this ?
> Should I put, explicitily, any statement about "NO WARRANTIES", or the
> about statement is enough ?

Danger! Danger Will Robinson!

I don't like this one at all. WAY too vague. I don't think it makes a legal
license anyway, since you cannot know what license someone is using it under.

What I would do instead, if you want an incredibly loose and freeform
license, is to dual license under both the MIT and  GPL. Or just the MIT,
since it pretty much negates any other license it's "dualed" with.

And you get a warranty disclaimer.

--
David Johnson