so waht? Re: WG: MSFT and GNU questions

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Jun 10 16:13:02 UTC 2001

On Sunday June 10 2001 10:21 pm, Angelo Schneider wrote:

> Other licenses are more complicated, so if I would like to get rid of
> the burdon of some code, but also like it to be available for the public
> I publsih it under GPL. That one needs the less infrastructure from my
> side ....

Some licenses are arguably a bit more complicated than the GPL/LGPL, but most
of them are much simpler.

There is no license that meets everyone's needs, which is why we need more
than one. We shouldn't be encouraging the proliferation of new
licenses, but there is no reason to discourage the use of other existing
licenses. I for one, am certainly not going to consider a license based
solely on the needs of conformity.

--
David Johnson