To the keepers of the holy grail of Open Source

kmself at ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 22 19:42:23 UTC 2001

on Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 09:37:47AM -0500, Bryan George (bgeorge at mitre.org) wrote:
> News flash: A _lot_ of technical people are using Word docs and
> PowerPoint presentations these days - Linux/VMWare is my weapon of
> choice, but there are others.

And many either can't, won't, or choose not to.  Point remains that
these are proprietary file formats, which raise both strategic and moral
reasons for avoiding their use.  The fact that tools exist to make a
less-preferred means of document interchange doesn't make them somehow
preferred.

In many cases, remotely accessed mail accounts may not provide for
execution of graphical presentation tools such as you describe.

Know your audience, respect its wishes.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/