Misunderstanding of the basics?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 15 18:42:32 UTC 2001

begin Ralf Schwoebel quotation:

> This is why I am so irritated by that discussion...  Most of the
> things mentioned in the earlier mails where against definitions you
> find in the other licenses as well. Hello?

No, sir.  You were referred (relevantly and appropriately) to particular
points of the Open Source Definition with which your licence does not
comply.  Since you assert that your IPL is an open-source licence (and
are asking on OSI's mailing list), that is the appropriate metric.

> hihihi, this company employs a lot OpenSource fanatics (me included)
> and is working in that area for around 4 years now (we only have Linux
> products), that is why we try to start this discussion here. But the
> immediate response was more than hostile.

Ignore any hostility.  Deal with the OSD.

--
Cheers,     "Because film is the pre-eminent American art form.  You don't hear
Rick Moen   people saying 'You know, this movie would make a really great epic