approved licenses web page not being updated

Matthew C. Weigel weigel+ at pitt.edu
Wed Aug 1 18:44:16 UTC 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, David Johnson wrote:

> Back when I joined this list, it was my impression that it was only
> for unofficial public discussion of licenses, and *not* meant to be
> any part of an approval process. My assumption at that time, which
> still holds, is that the OSI board has their own discussions during
> the approval phase.

According to the website, it is to "review" submitted licenses.
Regardless, one would think that making known whether a license had
made it or not would be reasonable, once a decision had been made.

How else are they accountable to the community they purport to
represent, than by making their actions known?
--
 Matthew Weigel
 Research Systems Programmer
 mcweigel at cs.cmu.edu ne weigel at pitt.edu