APSL 1.2

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 5 21:00:54 UTC 2001

on Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 04:27:38PM +0200, Toon Knapen (toon at si-lab.com) wrote:
> David Johnson wrote:
> > I would definitely try to get Stallman's approval. So far, all Open Source
> > licenses are also Free Software licenses(*). It would be sad if the APSL was
> > the one to fall through the crack between the definitions.
> <snip>
> >
> > (*) The Artistic License might be an exception, but it does meet the
> > definition in letter and spirit.
>
> This also goes for the Sun Public License and the X11 apparantly. On the
> FSF site they're indicated as being 'Free' but they're not
> mentioned on opensource.org as OSI certified.

It's the obverse that was being remarked on by David Johnson.  There are
currently no OSI certified licenses which aren't also FSF Free Software.
There may be FSF Free Software licenses which aren't OSI certified --
certification is a process.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/