How hard would it be to change the NASM license

Nelson Rush chesterrr at att.net
Tue Sep 5 15:07:28 UTC 2000

Someone just pointed this out to me:

"Re:How hard would it be to change the NASM license (Score:2, Informative)
by Simon Tatham (anakin at pobox.com) on Tuesday September 05, @03:55AM EST
(#136)
(User #66941 Info) http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/

You write:
I'm just wondering what would happen if we tried talking to Simon Tatham and
Julian Hall and asking them for a license change.
I'd agree to it. Unhesitatingly. On all the parts of the NASM code that were
written by me. And I'll be happy to send formal notice of that to anyone who
wants it."
---snip---

Thanks! Have you been in contact with Julian? I'll email him to see what he
thinks.
If we can clean up a few tidbits in the licence we won't have anymore
problems.

I'll also contact Bruce Perens and license-discuss at opensource.org and
gnu at gnu.org and see what they think we should change to fix this.

Sincerely,