Concurrent Licenses?

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Wed Apr 12 23:47:34 UTC 2000

Yes, it is a definitional rule of copyright law. Derivative works, by
definition, are copyrighted works of the original copyright holder. This is
the principle of copyright law upon which the GPL may be used to bring a
breach of contract claim or a copyright infringement claim, if the terms are
not complied with.

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M.
www.cyberspaces.org
rod at cyberspaces.org