Concurrent Licenses?

W. Yip weng at yours.com
Wed Apr 12 12:54:00 UTC 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:39:12 -0400, "Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M."
<rod at cyberspaces.org> wrote:
> Since under copyright law the copyright to all derivative works is owned by the
>original copyright holder (in this instance "A"), A owns B's derivative, but
>B is free distribute it. Hence, the GNU GPL controls the distribution terms
>of B's work and operates as the license between A and C. B's contractual
>relationship under the GPL is between A and B only. A is always a party to
>the license.

Oh no. I've really set off on a wrong footing for this one. You mean under
copyright law A will own copyright to ALL derivative work regardless of the
extend they are modified?

Can you please give me a reference for A owning the copyright to the
derivative work made by B? Is it in the Copyright Act?

Thanks