Copyright on Collections

Donnie Barnes djb at redhat.com
Fri Sep 24 18:51:19 UTC 1999

>From the "Just Had to Make a Correction Department (JHMCD)":

> I don't know of a single distribution that asserts a compilation copyright,
> though. It would annoy too many people.

Err, wrong on both counts.  Red Hat Linux has a compilation copyright
that doesn't annoy people.  Here is the top of the "COPYING" file at
the top level of every RHL CD:

The following copyright applies to the Red Hat Linux compilation and any
portions of Red Hat Linux/Intel it does not conflict with. Whenever this
policy does conflict with the copyright of any individual portion of Red Hat
Linux, it does not apply.

		    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
		       Version 2, June 1991

.
.
.

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes  http://www.donniebarnes.com  djb at donniebarnes.com  "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.