Corel: No "internal" exemption in GPL

bruce at perens.com bruce at perens.com
Thu Sep 23 06:20:35 UTC 1999

They did raise the fact that they found the GPL vague on some issues,
like "what is distribution". It's not vague to me but then I have years
of experience in being talmudic about the GPL.

But I will raise with Stallman the fact that the GPL could use a definitions
appendix. Last time I raised that issue, he said something like he didn't
want to do that and then have them be defined later in copyright law in a way
that would conflict with the GPL. That seems reasonable, but I will raise the
issue again.

	Thanks

	Bruce