license-review mailing list

Brian Behlendorf brian at collab.net
Thu Sep 23 02:19:32 UTC 1999

On 23 Sep 1999 bruce at perens.com wrote:
> Since we're not getting a response from OSI staff, and the off-topic material
> continues, I propose to establish license-review at lists.copythis.org .
> This list will be restricted to review of licenses for Open Source Definition
> compliance.
>
> Comments?

I probably wouldn't join it, for fear of having a discussion about a
license suddenly trigger someone's hot button.

I for one have tried to refrain from off-topic things here recently, and I
do encourage others to do so, but I agree that discussion of license
conformance necessarily entails some degree of philosophy discussions.

	Brian