license-review mailing list

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Sep 23 01:44:30 UTC 1999

bruce at perens.com <bruce at perens.com>:
> Since we're not getting a response from OSI staff, and the off-topic material
> continues, I propose to establish license-review at lists.copythis.org .
> This list will be restricted to review of licenses for Open Source Definition
> compliance.

I've seen one proposal that we split the lists and a couple of replies that
the "off-topic" material is interesting and valuable.  I don't see enough
demand for a change.

You're free to create any list you like, of course.  But this is the list the
OSI will be monitoring for input.  We don't have the time or energy to handle
multiple discussions on multiple, needlessly-separated lists.
--

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of
authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was