Who gets stuck with advocacy?

Drew Danielson dmunk at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 22 21:37:34 UTC 1999

Sorry to hop into this discussion late, unannounced, unbeknownst to most, and
as more an interested voice than a knowledgeable one.  I am writing an op-ed
right now from a consumer-advocacy slant in favor of Open Source.  This op-ed
is an assignment for a class at CMU,  and to tell you the truth, tho I have
some swell ideas on spinning this piece, I am afraid that I am having some
problems with exposition.  I'd like to devote less than 300 of 750 words to
expository development, but Lord if that ain't tough when my audience is
General (read: lowest of possible common denominators).  Any suggestions,
soundbytes, pointers (web or otherwise) on where I can get some succinct and
complete expository material geared toward this sort of deliberative writing??

Thanks in advance,
Drew Danielson

--
Andrew Danielson