Dual Licensing

David Johnson arandir at meer.net
Mon Nov 29 01:20:15 UTC 1999

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Alex Nicolaou wrote:
> Scott Johnston wrote:
> > Deutsch was a consultant to Sun
> > when they developed their Community Source License for Java.  It seems a
> > close cousin to dual-licensing as he practices it.
>
> However, the reaction to Sun's license (at least public postings) has
> been overwhelmingly negative.
>
> alex

According to the Bill Joy interview in Linux magazine, there has been a very
good response to Sun's licensing. I suspect that the "public postings" do not
comprise the same membership as those interested in Sun's offerings. I also
suspect that they do not correspond well to any group at all, other than online
posters.

David Johnson