GPL and LGPL question

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Thu May 20 06:33:29 UTC 1999

19May1999 09:07AM (-0500) From [psj at cgmlarson.com] psj [Pat St. Jean]
> I'm sorry you feel that way.  Check the Linux kernel archives.  I
> sent in a bunch of patches last year (early on) to update and
> improve the x86 CPU detection.  I gave up BECAUSE of the GPL.  I
> can't make any money off of that code with programs that I DON'T
> want to release the source for.  I was stupid, and shoudn't have
> done it.

        You're more than welcome to re-license any of your original
code under any license you choose.  Naturally, you won't be able to
re-license other peoples' code.

        Of course, the discussion on whether or not you can make any
money off of GPLed code is outside the scope of this mailing list.

--

       I noticed

              it is getting about time to leave everywhere