new license to review

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Fri May 7 18:54:55 UTC 1999

Russell Nelson wrote:

> Someone wrote, and they weren't the only one:
>  > Why the sighs Russ?  If we wanted only one license for software, I'm
>  > sure Microsoft would be glad to assist :-).
>
> Because it doesn't seem all that different from existing licenses, and
> because license proliferation inhibits code reuse.  The major effect
> of Open Source code is to reduce the transaction cost of using it.

Well, either the submitter doesn't see the similarity, or else
you/we aren't registering the dissimilarity that's at issue.
The former sounds like an educate-the-masses issue; isn't that
part of the mission?  And the latter is education for us.
--
#ken    P-)}