Basics of Evangelism

Chip Salzenberg chip at perlsupport.com
Sat Aug 28 03:24:46 UTC 1999

According to Brian DeSpain:
> Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > Find common ground.  Cast your argument in terms acceptable to the
> > audience.  Only with such a beginning can you, eventually, persuade.
>
> I have also found that focusing on business problem solutions is a great
> way to go.

Another example: I'm fairly unmoved by the "problem/response"
orientation, but if that's how *they* think, then sure, explain it
that way.  Eventually they may come around to the "creating the world
you want" orientation.  For that matter, they may already live there;
even those who aren't OS fans can be creative in their own ways.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip at perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."