Essay RFC delayed.

John Cowan cowan at locke.ccil.org
Sat Aug 28 02:37:08 UTC 1999

Ean R . Schuessler scripsit:

> Several years later, you came and wrote a fairly
> interesting paper detailing this process

So he did.

> and subsequently took credit
> for it having occured.

Where?  Sources, please.

> If you want to blame anyone, you can blame Stallman for doing the rain
> dance on faith for years before the shit hit the ground.

Eric openly praised Stallman for this.

> Or, if you
> feel pragmatic you could blame Andreesen for trying to take Netscape
> back to its roots after it became Wall Street's golden child. Of
> course, you'll take credit for persuading Netscape as well. Never mind
> the fact that it started out free.

What started out free?  Mosaic was freely available but not Open Source.
Netscape doesn't contain any Mosaic code; it's Internet Exploder
that contains (licensed) Mosaic code.

> I would stop arguing with you, but its so much fun!

Instead, use the energy to convince a CEO or two.  See
the linux-advocacy HOWTO.

John Cowan                                   cowan at ccil.org
       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin