Export law assurances, reporting

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Apr 23 21:38:47 UTC 1999

My biggest concern with the APSL 1.0 was the "Export law assurances" section,
which implemented provisions of US export law in the license itself.  I'm very
pleased to see that these provisions have evaporated entirely in APSL 1.1 -- a
great improvement.

I'm concerned about the notification requirement 2.2(c), which was a subject
of some great contention on the publicsource list in relation to the
original APSL.  I argued on that list that this requirement could hinder
code forks by creating a big documentation burden for anyone who wanted to
fork the Darwin code.  But it's hard for me to see this problem as fatal.

--
                    Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>
      They said look at the light we're giving you,  /  And the darkness