[CAVO] Open source election software

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Sep 28 22:38:17 UTC 2016

David RR Webber wrote:

> However the only thing that I see in the below from Larry is the overloaded use of the word "free" as in "giving away software" and "always free". And then qualified by - usually "free of cost".

"Free" may be overloaded in this brief article. But my choice of those words was intentional.

For a more thorough definition, read "Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and Intellectual Property Law" by Lawrence Rosen, with a foreword by Lawrence Lessig, published by Prentice Hall in July 2004. For those who want the "free" version of this book, go to http://rosenlaw.com/open-source-licensing-software-freedom-and-intellectual-property-law/.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

Rosenlaw ( <http://www.rosenlaw.com/> www.rosenlaw.com)

3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482