[CAVO] Fwd: [VVSG-interoperability] [VVSG-election] Single Point of Failure - the Scan Head - RE: By November, Russian hackers could target voting machines

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:07:43 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brent Turner <turnerbrentm at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [VVSG-interoperability] [VVSG-election] Single Point of
Failure - the Scan Head - RE: By November, Russian hackers could target
voting machines
To: Gregory Miller <gmiller at osetfoundation.org>
Cc: Tim Mayer <timbmayer at gmail.com>, Alan Dechert <dechert at gmail.com>,
Brigette Hunley <brigette.hunley at gmail.com>, Alec Bash <alec.bash at gmail.com>,
Brian Fox <bfox at opuslogica.com>, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com>

Greg-    I will try and address your main points here-

I want my stress reduced, reduce or eliminate this negative energy

No negative energy from this side.. just some history and fact -- Doing
patriotic duty is positive energy-- imo

Accurate history should chronicle them all.  So why not here too?  We all
earn our places in history with lesser or greater remembrance by our
actions, not our claims.  Perhaps none of us will be mentioned anywhere

We note your  board is heavy on  search engine optimization folks..  and
you have never reached out to the open source community. You came into the
space with " sound-alike " names and licenses..  never giving credit.. what
did you think the response would be from those that dedicated their lives..
while you attempted to take over the space.  This was exacerbated with your
failed internet demo..  trashing the brand of election reform..

We acknowledge that CAVO and prior to that OVC have led some very early
efforts to bring OSS alternatives to the election technology world, dating
back to well before our formation.

Please do more

We have *not* and will not make any negative statements about any other
effort including CAVO.

Great Greg--  there is nothing that COULD be said in the negative about our
work..   or it would be a lie.  We work for free toward GPL open source /  COTS
systems..  and election system security.

CAVO President Tim Mayer is on this list-- You know Tim from the SFVSTF--
 Speak directly to him at your leisure-

BT