[CAVO] Fwd: White House conference call

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 01:07:29 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brent Turner <turnerbrentm at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: White House conference call
To: "Juan E. Gilbert" <juan at ufl.edu>
Cc: Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com>, Brian Fox <bfox at opuslogica.com>

Yes-

Larry Rosen and CAVO are fairly strict in advocacy for GPL V3 .. so that is
ideal.

My layperson understanding is allowing commercial  profit may not be fatal
to the cause of secure elections, and that can be derived from service
models, but I defer to yourself and Larry etc to hash that out. Whatever is
best.  Certainly we want to avoid any license loopholes that will allow the
"players " to ever take it down a slippery slope and  manipulate the
environment .

Waiting and excited for the word here--   I have cc'd Larry and Brian  for
your your convenience

BT