[CAVO] Open Source for use in public elections

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Apr 16 19:58:20 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

Thank you for that great introduction, coupled with a little trepidation. Will it help if I say you responded perfectly!

"Reply-all" is set to reply only to the list. Let me know if that works differently on your email client.

(I copy myself on all my sent email, but there is no need to send me or any other list participant copies. The cavo@ list takes care of that for us, including archiving it all for your renewed future enjoyment.)

Tim apologizes in advance for any etiquette breach he will make in the future. Me too. Now let's move on. Take advantage of the fact that everything we say on this list is archived and think twice before saying anything offensive, and count to ten before complaining about something offensive said by others. Remember the Chatham House Rule. We're all part of a community. It may be too early to say so, but pretend we're all friends.

I personally find this challenge toward semi-public speaking in open source email communities to be a maturing experience. Some people, unfortunately, never learn to behave. Please keep your complaints on-list, and ask one of the list moderators (Brian and me and Patrick, so far) to remove anyone particularly spamming. We moderators have great powers that we hate to use! :-)

I've agreed with Brent to try to set up other smaller lists here, such as for technical activities. But quite frankly, we're a small enough group so far that breaking into subcommittees will make us too lonely. So talk here.

/Larry