[beyond-copyright] easy question to start, naming

Tony Wasserman tonyw at opensource.org
Sun Mar 27 21:39:51 UTC 2016

Hi, Allison (and everyone else),

In your earlier summary of the O'Reilly sustainability summit, you wrote
about addressing "aspects of open source beyond copyright licenses, with
a goal of making a clear simple statement of principles".  I'd
personally prefer that we not use "copyright" or "licensing" in the name
of the working group, but rather something like "openness principles".
That approach could suggest the creation of a list of characteristics
that could be used in parallel with the OSD.  I can imagine copyright
being among those characteristics, but we probably also want to address
a broader range of topics.  (I have a few in mind, but this is not the
time, nor place, for that.)

Cheers, and don't eat too many chocolate Easter bunnies.

Tony